The hand baggage screening procedure and rules on prohibited items and liquids
Please observe the rules to ensure the security of all Airport users and to avoid unnecessary delays for yourself and other passengers.
For further information check the ENAC website.
Going through security
- Show your boarding card.
- Place your hand baggage on the X-ray conveyor after removing your laptop computer or tablet.
- Place coats and any personal items (mobile phone, wallet, electronic devices, belt, etc.) in the trays provided.
- Walk through the metal detector and cooperate with security personnel if they ask to search you.
- Security personnel may ask you to remove items of clothing (e.g. shoes) and manually inspect hand baggage.
If you are carrying any prohibited items or liquids exceeding the permitted quantities, you will have to leave them at the airport. Under no circumstances will check-in desk personnel or security personnel look after these items for you.
Security screening for liquids, aerosols and gels
Remove liquids, aerosols and gels from your hand baggage before arriving at security. Remember that:
- Containers larger than 100 ml are not permitted
- The containers must be packed in a single transparent, re-sealable plastic bag of maximum dimensions 18 x 23 cm.
The only exceptions are for:
- Liquid medicines (with a prescription)
- Baby food (when travelling with a baby)
- Liquids for special dietary requirements.
Prohibited items and liquids
To check the list of prohibited items and regulations for liquids, go to the page What to bring: regulations.