What to bring: the rules
Canova Treviso Airport: baggage guidelines and rules
General information: weight, labels, locks
Contact your travel agency or airline for information on size and weight restrictions for carry-on and hold baggage. If your baggage exceeds the size or weight limits, you may be charged an excess baggage fee.
Always attach a label to your baggage showing your first name and surname, address and telephone number.
Before securing your baggage with padlocks, straps or wrap-around plastic, check whether the airline requires baggage to be opened for security screening.
List of prohibited items
The list currently consists of the following items:
- Firearms and ammunition
- Explosives, fireworks and other pyrotechnics
- Compressed gases (flammable, non-flammable, refrigerated or poisonous) such as camping gas and aerosol sprays for self-defence
- Flammable substances (liquids and solids)
- Infectious or poisonous substances
- Corrosive substances
- Radioactive substances
- Oxidising substances
- Magnetising substances
- Alarm devices
- Diving lights with batteries inserted.
This list is subject to change according to circumstances and at the discretion of the authorities.
Rules for liquids
On 06/11/2006 the European Union (EU) introduced new security rules restricting the amount of liquids that can be taken in hand luggage through airport security checkpoints.
Only small quantities of liquids are permitted. These liquids must be placed in individual containers with a maximum capacity of 100 millilitres (1/10 of a litre) each or equivalent (e.g. 100 grammes). These containers must be packed in a single transparent, re-sealable plastic bag with a capacity no greater than 1 litre (or with dimensions for example of approximately 18 x 20 cm). The containers must fit comfortably into the bag, allowing it to be closed without difficulty.
Each passenger (including infants) may carry only one such transparent bag. Liquid medicines and liquids for special dietary requirements (such as baby food) may be carried without volume restrictions and without needing to be packed in a transparent bag.
From January 31st 2014, can be transported out of the bag but separate from your hand luggage before security checks, the following liquids:
- Drugs (upon presentation of a medical prescription), products for dietary and baby food (with baby present).
- Water and other drinks, soups and syrups
- Creams, lotions and oils
- Gels, including hair and shower gels
- Contents of pressurised containers, including shaving foam, other foams and deodorants
- Pastes, including toothpaste
- Liquid-solid mixtures
Any other item of a similar consistency.
Read the official regulation on liquids