In compliance with EC Regulation No. 1107/2006, since 26 July 2008 AERTRE has provided assistance for disabled passengers and passengers with reduced mobility (PRM).
The EC Regulation makes the airport managing company responsible for providing assistance at European Airports and ensures that an equivalent level of assistance is guaranteed throughout Europe.
For this purpose, AERTRE has set up help points for calling assistance inside the airport and free designated car parks.
Assistance for PRM is free of charge.
How to apply for assistance
To ensure the best service ever, you should notify the airline of your needs when making your booking or at least 48 hours prior to departure.
The airline will notify all airports included on your itinerary.
In some cases (e.g. during post-operative convalescence), the airline may ask for a doctor's certificate authorising you to fly.
Departing from Treviso Airport
PRM with a European parking permit can park free of charge in all car parks at Treviso Airport.
To park free of charge please show the staff of the Airport Info Point (on the first floor) the parking permit, the parking ticket and an ID card.
Accompanying people are requested to show, in addition to the mentioned documents, a copy of the parking permit and flight ticket/boarding pass.
For further information on parking, go to the page https://www.trevisoairport.it/en/parking/disabled-and-prm-parking.html
The help point for calling AERTRE PRM staff is located near the passenger entrance.
You can request assistance:
- at the designated help point
- at the check-in desk.
You will receive assistance until you board the aircraft.
Arriving at Treviso Airport
Landing at Treviso Airport, AERTRE staff will assist you with disembarkation, then through to the Arrivals hall to reclaim your baggage. You will then be accompanied to your vehicle or public transport facilities or to one of the connecting points for your ongoing journey.
To locate the help point, see the map.
Who the service is for
The Airport provides assistance to the following types of PRM, identified by the relevant international IATA codes:
- Blind or vision impaired passengers (code: BLND)
- Mobility impaired passengers, divided into three categories:
- Passengers who are unable to walk long distances but can ascend and descend steps and walk on their own (code: WCHR)
- Passengers who are unable to walk long distances or ascend/descend steps but can make their own way to/from cabin seat (code: WCHS)
- Passengers who are paraplegic/quadriplegic, require an on-board wheelchair and must be carried to/from the cabin seat (code: WCHC)
- Passengers with hearing disabilities (code: DEAF)
- Passengers with intellectual or developmental disabilities (code: DPNA).
AERTRE Information Office
Telephone: +39 0422 315111
To view the quality standards of the assistance offered to persons with reduced mobility by Treviso Airport, take a look at the Service Charter.