In compliance with EC Regulation No. 1107/2006, since 26 July 2008 AERTRE has provided assistance for disabled passengers and passengers with reduced mobility (PRM).
The EC Regulation makes the airport managing body responsible for providing assistance at European Airports and ensures that an equivalent level of assistance is guaranteed throughout Europe.
For this purpose, AERTRE has set up help points for calling assistance inside the airport and free designated car parks.
Assistance for PRM is provided totally free of charge.
How to apply for assistance
To ensure the best possible service, you should notify the airline of your needs when making your booking or at least 48 hours prior to departure. The airline will notify all airports included on your itinerary.
In some cases (e.g. during post-operative convalescence), the airline may ask you for a doctor's certificate authorising you to fly.
Departing from Treviso Airport
PRM holders of the european parking permit (issued in accordance with Presidential Decree DPR 151/2012) are entitled to park free of charge in the reserved spaces in all car parks at Treviso Antonio Canova Airport. In order to park free of charge it's requested to show the Terminal infopoint (located on the first floor) attendants the parking permit, the parking ticket and an ID card. Any companion is requested to show, in addition to the mentioned documents, a copy of parking permit holder flight ticket/boarding pass.
For further information on parking, go to the page Disabled parking.
The help point for calling AERTRE PRM assistance personnel is located near the passenger entrance.
You can request assistance:
- at the designated help point
- at the check-in desk.
You will receive assistance according to your needs until you board the aircraft.
Arriving at Treviso Airport
If you are on an inbound flight landing at Treviso Airport, AERTRE personnel will assist you with disembarkation, then escort you through to the Arrivals hall to reclaim your baggage. You will then be accompanied to your vehicle or public transport facilities or to one of the connecting points for your ongoing journey.
To locate the help point, see the map.
Who the service is for
The Airport provides assistance to the following types of PRM, identified by the relevant international IATA codes:
- Blind or vision impaired passengers (code: BLND)
- Mobility impaired passengers, divided into three categories:
- Passengers who are unable to walk long distances but can ascend and descend steps and walk on their own (code: WCHR)
- Passengers who are unable to walk long distances or ascend/descend steps but can make their own way to/from cabin seat (code: WCHS)
- Passengers who are paraplegic/quadriplegic, require an on-board wheelchair and must be carried to/from the cabin seat (code: WCHC)
- Passengers with hearing disabilities (code: DEAF)
- Passengers with intellectual or developmental disabilities (code: DPNA).
AERTRE Information Office
Telephone: +39 0422 315111
To view the quality standards of the assistance offered to persons with reduced mobility by Treviso Airport, take a look at the Service Charter.