• The passenger must have an electronic invoice showing the description of the goods, passport and details of the invoice holder.
• VAT refund can be claimed only by the invoice holder.
• Residence or domicile outside the European Union.
• The passenger must show the passport and electronic ticket (also via email) or boarding pass to the staff.
Goods and invoice
• The purchases must be for personal/ household use, not corporate.
• The goods, new and unused, must be available for possible inspection by the Customs (so do not put them in your checked baggage).
• The amount of each invoice must be at least 154.94 € (including VAT).
• VAT refund for goods purchased in Italy can be requested within 3 months from the invoice date.
• VAT refund can also be claimed for purchases made in other European countries.
Foreign invoices have different limits and conditions depending on the country where the purchase was made.
• VAT refund for all purchases made in Europe must be claimed on the day the passenger leaves the European Union.
WHERE IS THE TAX REFUND OFFICE
Tax refund desk is on the 1st floor of the Terminal, landside area (before security checks) and opens accordingly with non-EU flights.
Customs desk is also there.
HOW TO CLAIM VAT REFUND
Take your invoice, passport, boarding pass, and goods to the desk of the VAT refund before check-in; fill in the tax refund form.
The tax refund operator will inform you if you have to go to Customs.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CLAIM VAT REFUND
Tax Refund takes time, especially during peak hours.
Please plan your arrival at the airport accordingly and remember that a Customs stamp can be requested starting from 4 hours before your flight.